Having issues connecting to your router whilst running Kaspersky Antivirus / Total Security / Internet Security?
Symptoms include being blocked when trying to access your router’s administration page (a list of common router admin IPs are included below). You may see error messages such as “Connection Reset” or “Connection Blocked” in your web browser when trying to access your Admin Page and configure or install your router.
Update Dec 2020: It’s now broken again in the latest versions of Kaspersky. Follow the instructions to add an exclusion for your router.
- This is a known bug with the Kaspersky software and has been resolved in the latest patch.
- “The issue with the inability to reach the 192.168.1.1 router page has been resolved in the latest version and patch of the Kaspersky Internet Security program, v18.104.22.1685 Patch C.”
- Further instructions from Kaspersky include
- Firstly, download Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, to do so, click on the direct link: http://products.kaspersky–labs.com/english/homeuser/kis2016/kis22.214.171.1245en-au_full.exe
- Once the file is downloaded, before installing the new version, please remove your older one like so (instructions are applicable to other versions): http://support.kaspersky.com/12064#block1
- Afterwards, simply run the file downloaded earlier (double click on it) and follow the setup wizard by pressing Next and Accept, when prompted;
- If prompted, at the activation step type in your 20-character activation code, that looks like this XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- A detailed description of the whole installation process is available here: http://support.kaspersky.com/12002#block1
- Once the latest version is installed simply perform a database update to ensure the latest Patch is installed and downloaded.
Adding the router as a trusted network or adding exclusions under Protection > Web Anti Virus – does not resolve this issue. You will need to get a version of Kaspersky equal to or newer than “v126.96.36.1995 Patch C”.
Common Router Admin IPs can include the following: